Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The New York Times, Dec 5th Paper

In the New York Times, I looked closely at the each story and what order they were in. The first story read, "Bush Insists Iran Remains a Threat Despite Arms Data." The second reads, "A Calmer Iraq: Fragile, and Possibly Fleeting." The third, "Study Shows Why the Flu Likes Winter." The fourth, "For Struggling Black College, Hopes of a Revival." And the last one reads, "Comedian Says Minnesota Run is a Serious One." These are the five big bold stories on the front of the paper, then follows other smalls links to other stories.

In my opinion, these stories are in the correct order, and they are diverse. The first story covers Bush's opinion on Iran which I think is pretty important and people would want to know the most about it. The second story has to do with Iraq, and once I see the word "Iraq" in the newspaper, I personally want to see what it says, so I believe that story is where it needs to be. The next few stories fall away from the politics aspect and focus more on people's curiosity and I don't have a problem with it. It is getting cold, people are getting sick with the Flu, and people want to know why. The next story deals with race and finally the last has to do with Minnesota which you can obviously see the stories get less and less important. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way the New York Times ordered their stories and made sure the first two big stories had to do with Bush, Iran, and Iraq.

No comments: