Thursday, December 13, 2007


These past few years, it has been the story that younger adults and teens have to register to vote and start voting. Facts show that their has been a lack of young voters. A good idea came to mind to have music artists promote voting. And what better channel than to promote this?..obviously MTV.

MTV's new slogan for this coming election is "Choose or Lose". Their website has video clips of each candidate giving speeches. They are trying to inform the young adults about this election and our candidates. I believe they are trying. However, kids are kids. Just because someone is eligible to vote, doesn't mean that they will. Kids this age just want to have fun with their friends and not even think about politics. I know that I never once cared about a presidential election. I voted when i turned 18 because it was just something new that I could do. I felt old enough. After that I lost interest. At least MTV is trying and I do believe it is working. Young adults listen to hip hop and pop artists, so why not try and have them promote voting. It is the right thing to do. Children are the future...right?

No comments: